-expanding community, encouraging families, embracing everyone-
Starting in January 2017, the provision will take two different forms so that your circumstances can be accommodated:
- Music therapy sessions for families with children with special needs on Saturday mornings
- Music therapy sessions for individuals and their carers on Friday afternoons and Tuesday evenings
Music therapy can help people who are living with a variety of needs, including:
- Learning difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Neurological disabilities
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Low self esteem
- Social isolation
- Physical disabilities
Families and individuals living with any difficulty or disability can find it hard to access musical activities. If you would like to refer someone you know to Music Harbour music therapy at CMA, please use the CMA application form. Participants can be any age and no prior musical experience is necessary. Music therapy is shaped to the needs of whoever is participating – it focusses on what you CAN do, not what you can’t. It can be for groups or individuals and the duration of therapy can be tailored to need.
“It has been great for me, too, to be part of something so positive with my child!” -mother of toddler with learning difficulties who attended a family group.