The Big Noise!
The Big Noise is an annual event, bringing children together to work at greater depth to make fabulous music and experience the joy of ensemble playing. FREE for instrumentalists in Years 3-7, the Big Noise involves string, wind, brass, recorders, guitar and percussion players of all abilities in the creation of a local schools’ orchestra.
Big Noise 2017 – 260 young musicians came together at RGS in October for play, passion and performance!
“The best day of my life”- one child from St. Michaels Catholic School
Sing, Perform, Inspire!
CMA have been working with Primary Schools to bring quality music making to all. Children from year two to year six, regardless of ability or experience, meet with others from their year group at a host school, where they enjoy a day of music and fun, culminating in a short concert. It is wonderful to witness the quality of performance achieved in such a short session.
- Sing – learn to create, maintain and communicate fabulous singing to an audience
- Perform – share your music with the Head Teachers and Governors of your school
- Inspire – return to school, inspired to continue to engage in music with enthusiasm
The final performance is video recorded, enabling schools to share in the success and achievement of their students in assembly or via the school website. A flavour of the incredible results can be seen in the following videos:
Year 6 October 2017
Year 2 March 2017
Year 4 March 2017
Year 6, October 2016
- Friday 20th October Big Noise at the RGS
- Friday 13th October Year 6 Sing, Perform, Inspire! – at Chepping View
- Friday 26th Jan Year 5 Sing, Perform, Inspire! – at Butlers Court
- Friday 16th March Year 2 Sing, Perform, Inspire! – at Great Kingshill
- Friday 27th April Year 3 Sing, Perform, Inspire! – at Danesfield
- Friday 8th June Year 4 Sing, Perform, Inspire! – at St John’s, Lacey Green
If your school would like to be involved, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or keep an eye on this page for updates of the details of upcoming sessions. Let us inspire you to inspire your school!
I really loved singing with an orchestra. It made me more confident!” – year four child from Kingswood School