Sing, Perform, Inspire!
inspiring children to make music, raising their confidence and self esteem
CMA have been working with Primary Schools to bring quality music making to all. Children from year two to year six, regardless of ability or experience, meet with others from their particular year group at a host school, where they enjoy a day of music and fun, culminating in a short concert. It is wonderful to witness the quality of performance achieved in such a short session.
- Sing – learn to create, maintain and communicate fabulous singing to an audience
- Perform – share your music with the Head Teachers and Governors of your school who are invited to attend a performance at the end of the session
- Inspire – return to school inspired to continue to sing and play your instruments with engagement and energy in school assemblies and productions
The performance is video recorded, enabling schools to share in the success and achievement of their students in assembly or via the school website. Three Sing Perform Inspire! workshops have been undertaken and a flavour of the incredible results can be seen in the following videos:
|294 Year 2 superstars from Ashfold, MaryTowerton, Lane End, West Wycombe, Downley, Ash Hill, Naphill and Walters Ash met at Stokenchurch on 24th March 2017
|270 Year 4 singers and instrumentalists from High Wycombe C of E, Chepping View, Kingswood and Tylers Green, met at St. Michaels on 10th March 2017|
|120 Year 6 students from Downley and Disraeli met on 14th October 2016|
The Big Noise!
The Big Noise is a renowned annual event, bringing children together to work at greater depth to make fabulous music and experience the joy of ensemble playing. FREE for instrumentalists in Years 3-7, the Big Noise involves string, wind, brass, recorders, guitar and percussion players of all abilities in the creation of a local schools’ orchestra.
The next Big Noise will be at RGS on Friday 20th October.
“I really loved singing with an orchestra. It made me more confident!” – year four child from Kingswood School
CMA is currently planning six events for the 2017-18 academic year:
- Friday 20th October Big Noise event at RGS
- Friday 13th October Year 6 Sing, Perform, Inspire!
- Friday 26th Jan Year 5 Sing, Perform, Inspire!
- Friday 16th March Year 2 Sing, Perform, Inspire!
- Friday 27th April Year 4 Sing, Perform, Inspire!
- Friday 18th June Year 3 Sing, Perform, Inspire!
If your school would like to be involved, drop us an email at email@example.com or keep an eye on this page for updates of the details of upcoming sessions. Let us inspire you to inspire your school!